What you need to know for admissions
Coffeyville Community College does not have an admissions deadline. However, it is recommended that you apply for admission as early as you can once you determine that CCC is a possible option for you.
Coffeyville Community College has an open door admission policy. The following applicants may be admitted to Coffeyville Community College.
- Any graduate from an accredited high school.
- Any person who has successfully completed the General Educational Development (GED) examination.
- Any home school graduate who can provide an official transcript as well as documentation showing recognition from the state in which the high school diploma was received.
- Gifted students enrolled in any grade 9-12 maintained by a school district that has demonstrated the ability to benefit from participation in the regular curricula, has been authorized by the principal of the school attended and has provided an IEP and a psychological evaluation.
- Any high school student who has completed 15 units and has written approval from his/her principal to attend part-time. Home school students taking classes while completing high school must have completed 15 units and have written permission from their principal to attend part-time, as well as, documentation showing state recognition.
- Any person 18 years of age or older who may benefit from college-level instruction.
In accordance with the above policy, all applicants who have graduated from high school within the last five years and do not hold at least an associate degree must submit an official high school transcript, which includes graduation date, to the Registrar's Office prior to enrolling. An official GED Certificate may be filed in lieu of a high school transcript.
Transfer students are eligible for admission to the College if they meet regular admission requirements for new students. All official transcripts from previous colleges attended are required to be on file in the Registrar's Office before students can enroll for classes. Students who falsify admission information and/or fail to submit all transcripts are accountable for any problems that arise from their misinformation.
Vocational/Technical Transfer Students
Students wishing to transfer vocational/technical clock hours from an accredited technical school should have an official transcript sent to the College. The Registrar will evaluate the clock hours and assign the appropriate credit hours. These converted hours will be posted to the student's transcript after the transfer student completes a minimum of 12 credit hours at Coffeyville Community College. Students can graduate from the College after completing the general education requirements for the Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students may also seek Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree options.