Corner of 8th and Beech Street
For More Information
For more information and to enroll in classes, call 620-252-7000 or stop by so that you can begin your next step to success!
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
Closed on Fridays
Adult Education Center
The Coffeyville Adult Education Center provides GED and adult literacy classes to fit the needs of Coffeyville and its surrounding area.
A few of the skills that we offer:
- GED Preparation for those who wish to receive a Kansas State High School Diploma.
- Reading skills for those who want to be able to read to their children or grandchildren, or for self-fulfillment.
- Workplace Essential Skills for those who want to improve work readiness skills such as writing a resume and cover letter and successfully completing a job interview.
- Math skills for those who need help performing skills like a balancing a checkbook, creating a budget, and translating financial jargon.
- College preparation skills for those who need that extra boost to pass college placement tests such as the Compass Test used here at CCC. New!
- English language classes for those who speak English as a second language and would like to improve their speaking, listening and reading skills. New!
New classes for GED Preparation, College Preparation, and Math and Reading Skills start every six weeks. Learners may choose to attend morning (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.), afternoon (1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) or evening (4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) classes Monday through Thursday. Each class begins with an Orientation that consists of goal identification and setting as well as completing a battery of tests. These tests allow the instructors to meet the needs of each learner as individually as possible and allow the learner to complete the program in a timely manner. Classes are only $25 which covers materials, the WorkReady Certificate, Teknimedia Certificate, and Official Practice Test, so call to sign up for the next one today!
Upcoming Orientation Schedule for GED Preparation, College Preparation, or Math and Reading Skills:
English Language Skills Class
New classes for English Language Skills will begin every semester and are offered in the evenings (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.) Monday through Thursday. English Language classes will require a $10.00 book fee. During the first week of class, new learners will complete a battery of reading and listening tests that will aid the instructor in designing a curriculum that will meet the learners’ needs.
Who is Eligible to Enroll
Learners who wish to attend classes at the Adult Education Center must be at least 16 years of age. Learners who are 16 and 17 must have an attendance disclaimer stating that they are no longer enrolled in public school. 16 and 17 year olds also must have a parent’s permission to attend. Coffeyville Community College Adult Education is a barrier-free program that does not discriminate.
Coffeyville Adult Education is able to conduct the Official Practice Test, which is a prerequisite for the Official GED Test. Coffeyville Adult Education does not offer the Official GED Test within their facility. However, the program does collaborate with area testing centers such as Independence Community College and Labette County Community College in order to test. Transportation to testing can be provided for our adult learners.