Welding Technology Program
Welding Technology delivers training using the welding processes and techniques most widely used in industry today. Coffeyville Community College uses the 6G welding position for welding certification testing to enable welding in all positions.
Students completing the course will earn 6G Pipe Welding Certificates in:
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG),
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Stick),
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding
CCC Welding Students also earn OSHA cards in General Industry and Construction through nationally recognized Occupational Safety and Health Outreach training.
The program offers the fundamentals of welding and fabrication, including piping isometrics and blueprint reading, necessary for a successful career in whatever part of the welding field chosen. Construction, manufacturing, engineering, and repair utilize the welding processes taught at CCC.
Students learn cutting, gouging, welded joint member preparation, and set up of equipment for the different welding processes. Gas pressure, tip sizes, welding speeds, amperage and voltage setting, wire feed rates, electrode sizes, and shielding gas selections are just some of the training areas that the student is introduced to for a welding technician career.
Areas of Advanced Training:
- OSHA Safety& Workplace Skills
- Pipe and Plate Welding
- Blueprint Reading-Piping Isometrics, Welding Symbols
- (SMAW) Arc Welding
- (GTAW) Tig Welding (Steel, Aluminum, Stainless Steel)
- Oxy-Acetylene-Plasma Cutting
- (GMAW) Mig Welding
- Fluxcore - Metalcore Welding
- On-The-Job Training (OJT or Equivalent)
- Shop Math and Communication Skills
- 9 month program
- Strong job market outlook
- Opportunity to participate in state and national competitions through SkillsUSA student organization
- All hours earned in the certification program count toward an Associates of Applied Science
- Technical Scholarships are available (call for more information)
25k to 37k per year.
Experienced, 47k per year.
- Welding Engineer
- Mechanical Contractor
- Steel Worker
- Maint. Worker
- Certified Welding Instructor
- Certified Welding Educator
- Military Applications
- Aircraft Industry
- Marine Shipbuilding
- Railroad Applications
9 Month Program (Full-time)