Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Develop knowledge of safe work practices in the field of welding.
- Set up welding equipment using proper polarity, amperage setting, voltage setting (if applicable), and electrode for welding process being performed.
- Properly set up and use oxyfuel cutting and welding equipment.
- Produce welds able to meet visual acceptance criteria of power and process piping codes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dimensioning, piping symbols and template development.
- Successfully calculate take offs, find angles and use squares and levels for fitting and tacking.
- Layout, cut, and prepare specimens for guided bend test.