Fast Facts About Coffeyville Community College
Mission: Comprehensive Community College.
Location: Southeast Kansas, one hour north of Tulsa, Okla.
District: Southern half of Montgomery County.
Tax Base: $179,664,836 (FY 2017)
Budget: $22,147,193. (FY 2017)
Current Mill Levy: 41.919. (FY 2017)
College Foundation Assets: $8.2 million. (end FY 2016)
Revenue Sources: 35% local; 32% students; 19% state; 13% auxiliary and activity; .5% other; .2% federal.
Current Tuition and Fees: $72 per credit hour (in-state base).
Current on-campus housing cost: $5,900 per year.
FY 2014 Headcount: 2591. (49% male; 51% female; 77% Kansas Resident)
FY 2014 Credit Hours: 41,400 hours.
Students: 95% of full-time students receive some form of financial aid.
Number of Employees: 143 full-time, 63 part-time.
Full-time Faculty: Teach 91% of the total credit hours.
Degrees Offered: AA, AS, AAS, AGS.
Number of Program: 24 academic programs, 18 technical programs, 14 certificate programs, 3 course certificates.
Accreditation: Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1972. Accreditation reaffirmed in 2015 for 10 years.
Main Campus, 400 W. 11th Street, Coffeyville, KS.
Technical Campus, 700 Roosevelt Street, Coffeyville, KS.
Technical Campus, 509 W. Elm Street, Columbus, KS.
Number of Facilities: 35 buildings on 32.2 acres on 3 campuses.
The Eta Gamma Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, an academic honor society, has been recognized as the Most Outstanding Kansas Region Chapter for ten of the last 12 years. The Chapter has also been recognized as one of the Top 25 International Chapters for 7 of the last 8 years. In 2014, CCC received the top Honors in Action Theme Award and one of the over-all project awards.
In the last ten years, CCC students have been named International Guistwhite Scholars (5), International Coca Cola Scholars (8), New Century Scholars (2), Nota Bene Recipient (1), named to the All-USA Academic Team (7), an International Officer (1) and in 2014 CCC had one of two finalists for the International Presidency.
CCC is ranked #30 as Most Affordable 2-Year Online Programs, according to BestColleges.com.
According to CNNMoney, CCC ranks #33 in retention for all US Community Colleges, retaining 62%.
According to AffordableColleges.com, CCC is the second most affordable community college in the nation.
- CCC works with over 75 different businesses represented on our technical advisory boards.
- CCC graduates go to work for Coffeyville Regional Medical Center (CRMC), CVR Energy, Coffeyville SEKTAM, Windsor Place, Medicalodges, John Deere Coffeyville Works, Mid-America Pipe & Steel, Crossland Construction, the City of Coffeyville, Pipefitters, Mars, Cessna, Boilmakers Unions, Standard Motor Products and many others.
- CCC partners with MAMTC to improve career placement of CCC students and assist industry to fill employment needs.
- The CCC Nursing Program was established due to local need in collaboration with CRMC.
- Construction, Machining & Information Systems Programs started due to local workforce shortfalls.
- Established a Fire Science Program in partnership with the City of Coffeyville and USD 445.
- Created a Director, Business and Employee Skills Training position and a Technical Career Counselor position in addition to establishing and renovating a building used exclusively as an Industry Training Center.
- Electrical Power Technology partnership with Pratt Community College and the City of Coffeyville to train electric linemen.
- Independence Community College partnership to provide Entrepreneur Program.