Share this Share

How To Transfer to a 4-Year School

College Student Waving BackMany students who choose CCC plan to transfer to a 4-year college. If you plan to transfer to a 4-year school, it is recommended that you meet requirements for an A.A. or A.S. degree at CCC. The A.A. and A.S. degree options are designed to meet general education requirements at most schools that CCC students typically transfer to. CCC also has articulation agreements with a number of four-year schools including all public universities in Kansas. These articulation agreements allow CCC students who meet A.A. or A.S. degree requirements to transfer into the 4-year institution with junior standing.

So what happens when you transfer? Once you graduate from CCC, request an official transcript be sent to the school you wish to transfer too. The four-year college will look at the credits you have earned at CCC and decide how much credit to give you. If you go to a school that CCC has an articulation agreement with, and you have planned your A.A. or A.S. degree program at CCC to match-up with the transfer school’s general education requirements, you will have an easy transfer and most if not all of the hours you have at CCC will transfer.  This will also give you junior status at the transfer institution. Courses from CCC will only transfer if the grade you earned is a “C” or above. “D” and “F” grades do not transfer.

If you don’t get credit for some of your courses, you may have to take them again at a four-year school. You may also have to take a general education course from a 4-year school if the equivalent course is not offered at CCC.

CCC is a participating school in the Kansas System-Wide Transfer program. This program guarantees that many courses will transfer to any Kansas public college, two and four-year schools, regardless of where those classes were taken.

Many four-year schools also have developed course transfer guides that explain how courses taken at CCC will transfer to that specific four-year institution.

When you graduate from the four-year college, only that college’s name will appear on your bachelor’s degree.

When you graduate from CCC, only that name will appear on your associate’s degree, regardless of the schools you attended prior and the number of hours you may have transferred to CCC.