Raven Men Place 3rd at National Track Meet
May 17, 2012
The 2012 CCC Men's Track Team.
The Coffeyville Community College men's track team placed third in the nation at the NJCAA Track and Field Championships that concluded on Thursday in Levelland, Texas. The Ravens also had two athletes win national titles in their events.
Sophomore Tom Kalisky won the national title in the men's javelin on Wednesday in the second day of the NJCAA National Track and Field championships in Levelland, Texas. Kalisky threw the javelin 65.42 meters, or 214'-07", winning the event by over five feet. The throw also broke the school javelin record set in 2010 by Jon Rizzo. Last year, Kalisky was the national runner-up in the javelin, finishing second to Rizzo who was a sophomore last year on the Ravens' track team.
Sophomore Justin Victor won the national championship in the men's hammer on Tuesday. Victor's winning throw was measured at 55.94 meters, or 183'-6". Both Kalisky and Victor earn first team NJCAA All-American honors in their respective events.
Devin Screen was the national runner-up in the discus. Screen had a best mark of 174'-6" to claim second place and second team NJCAA All-American honors. Screen also broke his own school record by nearly seven feet.
Three Ravens placed in the shot put. Stargell Williams finished third with a throw of 52'-10", claiming third team NJCAA All-American honors in the process. Jordan Haynes placed fifth with a throw of 52'-1.25" and Deondra Canaday was sixth with a throw of 51'-10". Canaday also placed sixth in the hammer throw on Tuesday with a mark of 168'2". Haynes and Canaday received Coaches Association All-American honors by placing in the top eight in their events.
Two Ravens placed in the long jump. Kadeem Douglas was fourth with a school-record tying jump of 25'-3.5". Right behind in fifth place was Orlando Ezell with a jump of 25'-0.75". Both Douglas and Ezell were Coaches Association All-Americans in the long jump. Douglas also placed in the triple jump. Douglas was sixth with a best jump of 48'-3.25", earning Coaches Association All-American honors in that event as well.
Douglas made it a trifecta of national placings by finishing tied for seventh in the high jump. Douglas had a best mark of 6'-9". Douglas finished behind teammate Jon Beeler who finished tied for third with a jump of 6'-11". Beeler received third team NJCAA All-American honors while Douglas will receive Coaches Association All-American accolades in the high jump.
The 4 x 800 meter relay team of Logan Garrett, Carlton Sheppard, Kelvin Musgrove and Will Taylor finished fourth with a time of 7:47.43. The team will earn Coaches Association All-American honors.
The women's team placed 20th at the national meet. Jackie Wallace placed fifth in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 14.91 seconds. Ayanna Stancle was fifth in the discus with a throw of 155'-4". Mikayla Howden placed seventh in the hammer with a throw of 151'-10".
Wallace, Stancle and Howden all received Coaches Association All-American honors in their respective events.
Complete Coffeyville Results at National Meet
- Justin Victor, 1st in hammer throw, 55.94 meters, 183'06", national champion, 1st Team NJCAA All-American.
- Tom Kalisky, 1st in javelin, 65.42 meters, 214'-7", national champion, 1st Team NJCAA All-American.
- Devin Screen, 2nd in discus, 53.20 meters, 174'-6", 2nd Team NJCAA All-American.
- Stargell Williams, 3rd in shot put, 16.10 meters, 52'-10", 3rd Team NJCAA All-American.
- Jon Beeler, tied for third in high jump, 2.11 meters, 6'-11", 3rd Team NJCAA All-American.
- 4 x 800 meter relay team of Logan Garrett, Carlton Sheppard, Kelvin Musgrove and Will Taylor, 4th, 7:47.43, Coaches Association All-American.
- Kadeem Douglas, 4th in long jump, 7.71 meters, 25'-3.5", Coaches Association All-American.
- Orlando Ezell, 5th in long jump, 7.64 meters, 25'-0.75", Coaches Association All-American.
- Jordan Haynes, 5th in shot put, 15.88 meters, 52'-1.25", Coaches Association All-American.
- Deondra Canaday, 6th in shot put, 15.80 meters, 51'10", Coaches Association All-American.
- Deondra Canaday, 6th in hammer throw, 51.25 meters, 168'-02", Coaches Association All-American.
- Kadeem Douglas, 6th in triple jump, 14.71 meters, 48'-3.25", Coaches Association All-American.
- Kadeem Douglas, tied for 7th in high jump, 2.06 meters, 6'-9", Coaches Association All-American.
- Justin Victor, 12th in javelin, 43.08 meters, 141'4".
- Devin Garcia, 12th in hammer throw, 48.91 meters, 160'-05".
- Stargell Williams, 14th in discus, 45.68 meters, 149'-10".
- Tywan Scott, 15th in long jump, 6.79 meters, 22'-3.5".
- Martin Williams, 21st in discus, 40.16 meters, 131'-9".
- Carlton Sheppard, 21st in 800 meter run, 1:59.63.
- Jackie Wallace, 5th in 100 meter hurdles, 14.91 seconds, Coaches Association All-American.
- Ayanna Stancle, 5th in discus, 47.34 meters, 155'-4", Coaches Association All-American.
- Mikayla Howden, 7th in hammer throw, 46.28 meters, 151'-10", Coaches Association All-American.
- Myesha Quiett, 9th in hammer throw, 43.43 meters, 142'-06".
- Shamelia Gray, 10th in 100 meter hurdles, 15.23 seconds.
- 4 x 800 meter relay team of Kylie Bourquin, Carrie Smith, Amanda Lightfoot and Natasha Sack, 10th, 10:12.89.
- 4 x 100 meter relay team of Alexis Deason, Jerika Budgett, Jackie Wallace and Sade Lewis, 11th, 48.14 seconds.
- Ashtin Boykin, 12th in 400 meter hurdles, 1:08.35.
- Myesha Quiett, 12th in shot put, 12.22 meters, 40'-1.25".
- Sade Lewis, 13th in 400 meter dash, 58.22 seconds.
- 4 x 400 meter relay team of Sade Lewis, Shamela Gray, Ashtin Boykin and Alexis Deason, 13th, 4:05.49.
- Ayanna Stancle, 15th in shot put, 11.61 meters, 38'-1.25".
- Ayanna Stancle, hammer throw, did not place.
Coffeyville Red Ravens @ NJCAA National Outdoor Meet
Hosted by South Plains College.