Are Online Classes right for me?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of independent learning?
- Do you communicate effectively through written communication?
- Do you need flexibility in your class schedule?
- Are you self-motivated to meet class deadlines?
- Do you feel that your personality lends itself to being organized?
If you are able to answer "yes" to all of the above questions, then Coffeyville Community College's online course offerings may be right for you. The online class experience does offer the student the flexibility of accessing the course and course subject matter at convenient times and locations.
However, this convenience does come at the price of daily face to face communication, explanations, reminders, etc. that you would receive in the classical classroom setting. CCC's online classes are not for everybody, only those individuals with the combination of strong study skills and a motivation to succeed will be successful.
How are online courses offered at CCC?
Online courses at CCC are offered using the Moodle online course platform. Access into the Moodle software is accessible from our main college website through the Online Classes link.
Online Course Guidelines
Students in Online classes will gain access into their online classes beginning the first scheduled day of class. Please refer to RavenNet Information for log-in instructions.
Equipment and Software
While a brand-new PC is not required to take online courses, a reliable PC less than five years old is recommended. For some courses, a CD-ROM drive with sound card and speakers may be required. An Internet connection of at least 56k (modem) will be needed. High speed service such as provided via cable or DSL is highly recommended. Also, a personal email account (not a shared family account) is preferred.
Computer Literacy Skills
You must be able to use a web browser. You must be able to use email. You must be able to use a word processing program such as Microsoft Word. If you do not possess these skills, online courses are not recommended.
Online Course Tuition/Fees
- $107 per credit hour (Kansas Resident)
- $117 per credit hour (Missouri and Oklahoma contiguous counties)
- $156 per credit hour (Non-Resident)
- $234 per credit hour for international students.
Book costs will vary on course.
How to log-in and navigate the Moodle online course delivery system.