Honors Program Vision
The Honors Program was developed to identify and assist students seeking to excel in all aspects of their college experience. The program encourages the importance of collaborative learning, relationship development and service while allowing students to be part of an innovative group of individuals seeking new ways to learn, serve and grow in our ever changing world.
Eligibility to be a Member of the Honors Program
Acceptance into the honors program is not based on any single criterion such as standardized test scores, class rank or GPA. All applications will be examined to identify the most qualified students who will be invited to join the Honors Program and receive the scholarship applicable to their academic qualifications.
Students with good academics, activity involvement and/or strong leadership qualities are encouraged to apply.
- Honors: Tuition and books
*Must submit an application to the honors program director and be invited to join.
- Presidential: Tuition and books plus $500 per semester toward room and board costs.
*Must have a 3.5 GPA and a 24 ACT score or higher to qualify.
- Honors Presidential: Full scholarship including tuition, books, fees, room and board.
*Must have a 28 ACT score or higher to qualify. Presidential Scholarship Information.
*Presidential scholars will receive an invitation to join the Honors Program, no application required.
Honors Program Features and Purposes
- Honors program members will be required to enroll in a series of honors courses during the duration of their time at CCC.
- Members will have the opportunity to be involved in service projects, leadership courses and will be encouraged to be an integral part of the leadership activities offered on campus.
- Members will work closely with the Honors Program Director to accomplish personal goals while attending CCC including excelling in academics while being involved in other activities.
- Members will be required to enroll in Honors Program courses and be involved in honors activities while enrolled at CCC. A minimum GPA of 3.0 will also be expected by program members.
- Provide students with the opportunity to establish a strong academic record while becoming comfortable with the college experience.
- Allow local students to continue their education with the support of family and friends while being part of an academically challenging curriculum that will prepare them for a four year university.
- Make transferring to a four-year institution a seamless process while assisting each student in identifying their interests, strengths and eventual professional goals.