How Do I Apply for Admission?
The process to become a CCC student is relatively easy (compared to other schools that is).
Complete CCC's Application for Admission. You can complete the application via an online form, or if you prefer, you can mail in a paper copy as well.
CCC is an open admission school, so if you meet one of the following criteria, you will be approved for admission.
- Any graduate from an accredited high school.
- Any person who has successfully completed the General Educational Development (GED) examination.
- Any home school graduate who can provide an official transcript as well as documentation showing recognition from the state in which the high school diploma was received.
- Gifted students enrolled in any grade 9-12 maintained by a school district that has demonstrated the ability to benefit from participation in the regular curricula, has been authorized by the principal of the school attended and has provided an IEP and a psychological evaluation.
- Any high school student who has completed 15 units and has written approval from his/her principal to attend part-time. Home school students taking classes while completing high school must have completed 15 units and have written permission from their principal to attend part-time, as well as, documentation showing state recognition.
- Any person 18 years of age or older who may benefit from college-level instruction.
If you meet one of the above criteria, you will receive a letter of acceptance in about two business weeks after you submit your application for admission. If you apply during spring break or Christmas break, give us a couple more weeks before reaching a mild panic.
Have your ACT, SAT, or Compass Test Scores submitted to CCC:
SAT Code: 6102.
ACT Code: 1398.
Compass Test available at CCC.
Have your official high school transcript sent to CCC. This transcript must include graduation date.
An official GED Certificate may be filed in lieu of a high school transcript.
Transfer Students Who Have NOT Previously Attended CCC
Transfer students from other colleges are eligible for admission to CCC if they meet regular admission requirements for new students. All official transcripts from previous colleges attended are required to be on file in the Registrar's Office before students can enroll for classes. Students who falsify admission information and/or fail to submit all transcripts are accountable for any problems that arise from their misinformation.
High School students with dual-credit from another college will also need to have an official college transcript sent to CCC.
If you have previously attended CCC, but are returning after attending another school, you do not need to fill out a new application for admission. However, you will need to submit official transcripts from the college(s) you have attended since leaving CCC.
Vocational/Technical Transfer Students
Students wishing to transfer vocational/technical clock hours from an accredited technical school should have an official transcript sent to the College. The Registrar will evaluate the clock hours and assign the appropriate credit hours. These converted hours will be posted to the student's transcript after the transfer student completes a minimum of 12 credit hours at Coffeyville Community College. Students can graduate from the College after completing the general education requirements for the Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students may also seek Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree options.
"How Do I?" Links
CCC Application for Admission (via online form or printable form)