Transfer Articulation Agreement

A student who completes an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree based on a baccalaureateoriented sequence at a state and regionally accredited Kansas public community college and whose program of study has met the requirements of the Kansas Public Community College-Kansas Public University Transfer Agreement and Articulation Guide will be accepted with junior standing and will have satisfied the general education requirements of all Kansas public universities. Each Kansas public institution verifying that the student has met the Kansas Systemwide General Education Program shall note "K.S. Systemwide General Education Completed" on its official transcript. Students transferring to Kansas Public Universities who have not completed an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree will be given general education credit for any articulated general education course completed at the community college.

Points of Clarification

  1. This Agreement applies only to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree transfers from state and regionally accredited public community colleges in Kansas. The agreement does not include transfer from nonaccredited community colleges or any other colleges.

  2. Transfer students accepted for admission at Kansas public universities with the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree will automatically be given junior standing with the understanding that:
    1. Each receiving institution has the right to determine admission standards to the various majors in their institutions.
    2. Transfer students are subject to the same institutional assessment policies and procedures as resident students of the receiving institution.
  3. Although the following distribution of courses does not correspond to the General Education requirements at any Kansas public university, it will be accepted as having satisfied the general education requirements of all Kansas public universities.
    A minimum of 45 credit hours of general education with distribution in the following fields will be required. General education hours totaling less than 45 will be accepted, but transfer students must complete the remainder of this requirement before graduation from the receiving institution, which may require an additional semester(s).

    • Basic Skills courses, including (12 hours):

    • ​​​​​6 hours of English Composition

    • 3 hours of Public Speaking or Speech

      • Communication
      • 3 hours of college level Mathematics; college algebra and/or statistics will be required of transfer students where university curriculum requires it
    • 12 hours of Humanities courses from at least three of the following disciplines:
      • Art*
      • History
      • Literature
      • Music*
      • Philosophy
      • Theatre*
        *Performance courses are excluded.
    • 12 hours of Social and Behavioral Science courses from at least three of the following disciplines:
      • Anthropology
      • Economics
      • Geography
      • Political Science
      • Psychology
      • Sociology
    • 9 hours of Natural and Physical Science courses from at least two disciplines (lecture with lab)
  4. Because each institution retains its right to define the requirements of a baccalaureate degree, additional courses, not in the transfer agreement, may be required.
  5. Students attempting to transfer into Technology, Engineering and Architecture programs are considered outside this agreement. Acceptance of course credit for transfer from such programs will be determined by the receiving institution on the basis of application of the courses to the baccalaureate program in the major field of the student.
  6. Transfer students preparing for teacher certification must meet the general education requirements as outlined by the State Board of Education. Teacher certification requirements have been incorporated into the degree requirements of Kansas public universities.
  7. Foreign language requirements are viewed as graduation requirements and not as general education requirements for purposes of this agreement.
  8. A transfer student may be required to take freshman or sophomore courses to meet particular requirements or course prerequisites of a given major or minor.
  9. Due to rules dictated by the Kansas Board of Regents, transfer students from a vocational/technical program who have earned a certificate not offered by Coffeyville Community College will not be able to use that certificate to complete an Associate in Applied Science Degree. Students wishing to transfer vocational/technical clock hours from an accredited technical school should have an official transcript sent to the College. The Registrar will evaluate the clock hours and assign the appropriate credit hours. These converted hours will be posted to the student's transcript after thetransfer student completes a minimum of 12 credit hours at Coffeyville Community College.