Precision Machining Program Goals
Students who successfully complete this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in their ability to operate machine shop equipment: lathes, mills, grinders, and drills.
- Demonstrate competency in their ability to read and interpret blueprints per industry standards.
- Successfully demonstrate their ability to process and plan a piece part through the lab until completion.
- Demonstrate competency in CNC machine tool operation and programming.
- Practice the skills needed to be successful in the metal working industry and to be safety conscious and accountable to himself/herself and the safety of others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively while responding appropriately to a variety of processes common to the precision machining industry.
- Be able to work with others and think as a team member to solve problems that could affect long-range outcomes of specific projects.