Fast Facts About Coffeyville Community College
Mission: Comprehensive Community College.
Location: Southeast Kansas, one hour north of Tulsa, Okla.
District: Southern half of Montgomery County.
Tax Base: $179,664.836. (FY 2017)
Budget: $22,147,193. (FY 2017)
Current Mill Levy: 41.919 (FY 2017)
College Foundation Assets: $8.2 million. (end of FY 2016)
Revenue Sources: 35% local; 32% students; 19% state; 13% auxiliary and activity; .5% other; .2% federal.
Tuition and Fees (2017-2018): $72 per credit hour (in-state base).
On-campus housing cost (2017-2018): $6,050 per year, includes room and meal plan.
FY 2016 Headcount: 2,331. (50% male; 50% female; 77% Kansas Resident; 54% Montgomery County)
FY 2016 Credit Hours: 38,520 hours.
Students: 90% of full-time students receive some form of financial aid.
Number of Employees: Over 250.
Full-time Faculty: Teach 91% of the total credit hours.
Degrees Offered: AA, AS, AAS, AGS.
Number of Program: 19 academic programs, 15 technical programs, 14 certificate programs, 3 course certificates.
Accreditation: Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1972. Accreditation reaffirmed in 2015 for 10 years.
Main Campus, 400 W. 11th Street, Coffeyville, KS.
Technical Campus, 700 Roosevelt Street, Coffeyville, KS.
Technical Campus, 509 W. Elm Street, Columbus, KS.
Number of Facilities: 35 buildings over 33.2 acres on 3 campuses.
- The Eta Gamma Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, an academic honor society, has been recognized as the Most Outstanding Kansas Region Chapter for ten of the last 12 years. The chapter has also been recognized as one of the Top 100 International Chapters for 7 of the last 8 years. In 2014, CCC received the top Honors in Action Theme Award and one of the over-all project awards.
- In the last 10 years, CCC students have been named International Guistwhite Scholars (5), International Coca Cola Scholars (8), New Century Scholars (2), Nota Bene Recipient (1), named to the All-USA Academic Team (7), an International Officer (1), and in 2014 CCC had one of the two finalists for the International Presidency.
- According to CNNMoney, CCC ranks #30 in retention for all US Community Colleges, retaining 62%.
- Ranked the most affordable community college in the nation according to AffordableColleges.com.
- Ranked number one in graduation rates for Kansas community colleges by KBOR Foresight 2020 report.
- Academic NJCAA Award Recipients: 287.
- Athletic NJCAA All-Americans: 316.
- The CCC Nursing Program was established due to local need in collaboration with CRMC.
- Construction, Machining & Information Systems Programs started due to local workforce shortfalls.
- Established a Fire Science Program in partnership with the City of Coffeyville and USD 445.
- Created a Career Placement Counselor position to better align CCC graduates with local employers.
- Opened an Industry Training Center to assist in the training needs of local and area employers.
- Partner with USD 445 Early Learning Center to offer scholarships to parents of ELC students.
- Introduced the Honors Program and Service Learning to enhance community partnerships.
- Courses offered at USD 445 include Construction, Plumbing, HVAC, EMR, and EMT.
- Partner with Habitat for Humanity to construct homes in Coffeyville.
- Partner with the City of Coffeyville and USD 445 to provide quality athletic facilities.
- Partner with City of Columbus to construct a gazebo and restrooms in a Columbus community park.
- CCC works with over 75 different businesses represented on our technical program advisory boards.
- Partner with MAMTC to improve career placement of CCC students and assist industry to fill employment needs.
- CCC has completed 4 Workforce AID Grant Projects with the Kansas Department of Commerce and area industries.
- Partner with USD 506, Labette County, to provide Auto Service and Machining on their campus.
- Partner with USD 436, Caney, to provide Medical Terminology, CPR, CNA and Construction on their campus.
- Partner with USD 499, Baxter Springs, and ATEC Steel to provide Welding program in Baxter Springs.
- CCC graduates go to work for Coffeyville Regional Medical Center (CRMC), CVR Energy, Coffeyville SEKTAM, Windsor Place, Medicalodges, John Deere Coffeyville Works, Mid-America Pipe & Steel, Crossland Construction, the City of Coffeyville, Pipefitters, Mars, Cessna, Boilermakers Unions, Standard Motor Products and many others.
- CCC has collaborative agreements with 8 area school districts and provides educational services for 13 area high schools.
- Electrical Power Technology partnership with Pratt Community College and the City of Coffeyville to train electric linemen.
- Partner with Independence Community College to provide Entrepreneur Program on CCC Columbus campus.
- Partner with Allen Community College to provide EMT/Paramedic training in Iola.
- CCC brings $4.46 million in federal dollars to Coffeyville.
- CCC employees generate over $7 million of disposable income that is dispersed back into the local economy.
- CCC’s net economic impact is $55.6 million.
- CCC’s financial impact creates 1,017 full time jobs.
- Return on investment of local tax dollars: $6.18.