Coffeyville Community College Website Accessibility Policy
Coffeyville Community College is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II so that students and members of the public with disabilities are able to independently acquire the same information delivered in an online format.
All existing, updated and/or new web content produced by Coffeyville Community College, or provided by third-party developers, will conform to the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative’s (WAI) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA conformance, or updated equivalents.
The College Webmaster is directed to establish procedures whereby students and members of the public may present a complaint regarding a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II related to the accessibility of any official College web presence which is developed by, maintained by, or offered through the College or third party vendors and open sources.
Website Accessibility Concerns, Complaints and Grievances
A student or member of the public who wishes to submit a complaint or grievance regarding a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 or Title II related to the accessibility of any official Coffeyville Community College web presence that is developed by, maintained by, or offered through Coffeyville Community College, third party vendors and/or open sources may complain directly to a College administrator, or the College Webmaster. The initial complaint or grievance should be made using the Website Accessibility Complaint/Request Form; however, a verbal or written complaint may be made. When a College administrator receives the information, they shall immediately inform the College Webmaster.
Whether or not a formal complaint or grievance is made, once Coffeyville Community College has been notified of inaccessible content, effective communication shall be provided as soon as possible to the reporting party to provide access to the information.
Written complaints can be directed to:
Coffeyville Community College
400 W 11TH ST
Coffeyville, KS 67337
Complaints submitted via email should be directed to [email protected]
The formal ADA non-compliance complaint should include the following:
- Date of the Complaint
- Description of the problem encountered
- Web address or location of the problem page
- Solution desired
- Contact information in case more details are needed (email and phone number)
The College Webmaster will notify College administration of any received complaints. The complaint or grievance will then be investigated by the Dean of Institution Research or Enrollment Management, or another person designated by the College President. The student, or member of the public shall be contacted no later than five (5) working days following the date the College Webmaster receives the information.
The procedures to be followed are:
- An investigation of the complaint directed by the Dean of Institutional Research and Enrollment Management, or another person designated by the College President shall be completed within fifteen (15) working days.
- The investigator shall prepare a written report of the findings and conclusions within five (5) working days of the completion of the investigation.
- The investigator shall contact the Complainant upon conclusion of the investigation to discuss the findings and conclusions and actions to be taken as a result of the investigation.
- A record of each complaint and grievance shall be maintained at the Coffeyville Community College Dean of Institutional Research and Enrollment Management Office. The record shall include a copy of the complaint or grievance filed, report of findings from the investigation, and the disposition of the matter.