Automotive Service Technology
This program is available to current high school students tuition free.
NATEF Certified Training Program
Maintenance and Light Repair (MLR)
The Coffeyville Community College Automotive Technology Program offers career-oriented automotive repair training in an authentic shop environment.
Training covers six of the ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification areas:
- Automotive Electrical Systems
- Automotive Suspension, Steering, and Alignment
- Automotive Brakes
- Automotive Engine Performance
- Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automotive Engine Repair
Additional training is also available in Automatic and Manual Transmissions.
Students receive technical training to enter the industry as entry level automotive service and diagnostic technicians. Through instruction and practice, students learn to repair the complex mechanical, electronic, and computerized systems of today's automobiles and light trucks.
Career opportunities in the automotive industry include dealerships, fleets, and independent repair shops.
Students in Automotive Service Technology receive hands-on training in a shop environment, combined with classroom instruction. Training will be provided in automotive systems theory, service, repair, encompassing the operation, and service of all systems of the automobile.
- 9 month program
- Strong job market outlook
- Opportunity to participate in state and national competitions through SkillsUSA student organization
- All hours earned in the certification program count toward an Associates of Applied Science
- Technical Scholarships are available (call for more information)
Columbus Technical Campus on Facebook
25K to 40K/year.
Associate Degree or Certificate
Preparation for ASE Certification.