Automotive Service FAQs
- When can I start the program?
- When can I apply, and how can I apply?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- How long is the program and what kind of certificate/degree will I receive?
- What is a typical schedule?
- Can I just take one or two of the Automotive classes without applying to the program?
- Who do I ask if I have additional questions?
- The Automotive Service program starts in the Fall semester. You can begin in the spring semester with instructor approval.
- A waitlist is sometimes used for this program. The year you start depends on when you applied and your position one the waitlist. It is a first come, first serve basis.
- Students can submit an application for admissions throughout the year.
- Enrollment begins in April for the Fall semester or in November for Spring Semester. You must apply before you enroll.
- Given that a waitlist can be used for this program, we recommend you apply early. After you have been accepted into the College, you MUST contact the Columbus campus to ensure you are on the waitlist. Admissions does not guarantee enrollment.
- Click here to apply to Coffeyville Community College.
- Go to the Automotive Service Cost page to see approximate cost per semester for this program.
- The Automotive Service program offers a one year certificate program if attending full time or 2 years if attending part time. Students will be prepared to test for ASE student certification at the completion of their program in the following areas:
Automotive Electrical Systems
Automotive Suspension, Steering, and Alignment
Automotive Engine Performance
Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning
Automotive Engine Repair
- Students also have the option of working toward an Associate of Applied Science. If taking classes full time, this typically will take two years to complete.
- Full-time Postsecondary attend from 7:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m. Monday – Friday. Post-secondary and high school students can also attend part-time either mornings or afternoons.
- All classes are held at the CCC Columbus Technical campus at 509 W Elm, Columbus, Kansas 66725.
- No, students must be enrolled either part time or full time in the Automotive program.
- Contact the CCC Columbus Campus at 620-252-7300.