Electrical Technology Program FAQs
- When can I start the program?
- Does this program have a waitlist and how long is it?
- When can I apply, and how can I apply?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- How long is the program and what kind of certificate/degree will I receive?
- What is a typical schedule?
- Can I just take one or two of the Electrical classes without applying to the program?
- Who do I ask if I have additional questions?
When can I start the program?
- You can start the program in the Fall or Spring semester.
- A waitlist is used for this program. The year you start depends on when you applied and your position on the waitlist. It is a first come, first serve basis.
Does this program have a waitlist and how long is it?
- A waitlist is used in the program. The earlier you apply the better.
- Once placed on the waitlist, complete the application process as described below.
- If you have already completed an application, contact the Technical campus at 620-252-7550.
When can I apply, and how can I apply?
- Students can submit applications throughout the year.
- You can register as early as April for the Fall semester or in November for Spring Semester.
- Given that a waitlist is used for this program, we recommend you apply early. After you have been accepted into the College, you MUST contact the Technical campus to ensure you are on the waitlist. Admissions does not guarantee enrollment.
- Click here to apply for admission to Coffeyville Community College.
What is the cost of tuition?
- Go to the Electrical Technology Cost page to see approximate cost per semester for this program.
How long is the program and what kind of certificate/degree will I receive?
- The Electrical Technology program offers a one year certificate program if attending full time.
- Students also have the option of working toward an Associates of Applied Science. If taking classes full time, this typically will take two years to complete.
What is a typical schedule?
- Students typically go full-time during the day from 7:30 a.m.- 3 p.m. Evening classes are occasionally available for those wishing to improve a technique or to work on personal projects.
- Part time students can choose morning or afternoon.
- All classes are held at the CCC Technical Campus.
Can I just take one or two of the Electrical classes without applying to the program?
- No. Because this program may have a waitlist, classes are full to capacity with program students. As a result you cannot register for our program classes before being admitted into the program.
Who do I ask if I have additional questions?
- Dora Morris, Coffeyville Technical Campus, 620-252-7501.
- Tom Kuhn, Coffeyville Community College Electrical Instructor, 620-252-7514.