Welding Technology FAQs
- When can I start the program?
- When can I apply, and how can I apply?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- How long is the program and what kind of certificate/degree will I receive?
- What is a typical schedule?
- Can I just take one or two of the Welding classes without applying to the program?
- Who do I ask if I have additional questions?
When can I start the program?
- You can begin in the Fall or Spring semester.
- A waitlist is sometimes used for this program. The year you start depends on when you applied and your position on the waitlist. It is a first come, first serve basis.
When can I apply, and how can I apply?
- Students can submit an application for admissions throughout the year.
- Enrollment begins in April for the Fall semester or in November for Spring Semester. You must apply before you enroll.
- Given that a waitlist can be used for this program, we recommend you apply early. After you have been accepted into the College, you MUST contact the Columbus campus to ensure you are on the waitlist. Admissions does not guarantee enrollment.
- Click here to apply for admission to Coffeyville Community College.
What is the cost of tuition?
- Go to the Welding Technology Cost page to see approximate cost per semester for this program.
How long is the program and what kind of certificate/degree will I receive?
- The Welding program offers a one year certificate program if attending full time or 2 years if attending part time. Students will be prepared to test on pipe in the 6G position with SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GTAW. Students will be tested and certified to the code requirements of ASME Section IX of the Boiler Pressure Vessel Code by an AWS Certified Welding Inspector.
- Students also have the option of working toward an Associate of Applied Science. If taking classes full time, this typically will take two years to complete.
What is a typical schedule?
- Full-time post-secondary attend from 7:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m. Monday – Friday. Post-secondary and high school students can also attend part-time either mornings or afternoons.
- All classes are held at the CCC Columbus North campus at 912 W Powrachute Way, Columbus, Kansas 66725.
Can I just take one or two of the Welding classes without applying to the program?
- No, students must be enrolled either part time or full time in the Welding program.
Who do I ask if I have additional questions?
- Contact the CCC Columbus Campus at 620-252-7300.