Honors Program History
The Coffeyville Community College Honors Program was established in 1996 to:
- Foster the intellectual growth of highly qualified students.
- Promote critical thinking and the formation of a position through analysis and synthesis of issues.
- Strengthen community and professional leadership.
- Emphasize critical thinking centered around the great ideas of western civilization.
- Provide opportunities for and promote the importance of collaborative learning.
- Encourage students to strive for excellence in all aspects of their lives.
The CCC Honors Program has been endowed by alumni, friends, and the community. In addition to the generous gift of alumnus John M. Rounds, NationsBank and Carolyn & K.O. Dixon are founding benefactors. Through these gifts an endowment for the Program was established by the CCC Foundation, ensuring its future and its growth.