State Authorization

To comply with federal regulations regarding state authorization for distance education, the Coffeyville Community College web site now clarifies the complaint process for students who reside strictly out-of-state. All students who wish to appeal a final course grade must follow the CCC Grade Appeal Process. Out of state students must also follow the CCC policies and process. If all other attempts at a resolution are exhausted students residing wholly out-of-state may file a formal complaint at their state-level.

Distance Learning Complaint Resolution for Out of State Students

Coffeyville Community College is working in cooperation with the Department of Education and states' agencies to comply with required authorizations and requirements so that we can continue to provide educational access to students across the country. CCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.

Authorizations by State for Coffeyville Community College

Click here to see the state listing in which Coffeyville Community College has sought and received authorization to offer distance education or where we are currently in the process of obtaining authorization.

For all students

Students who have a concern or complaint regarding their Coffeyville Community College online course should address them by following the steps in this order:

  1. Contact course instructor.
  2. Contact the Director of Distance Learning.
  3. Contact the Vice President for Academic Services.

CCC desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. If a timely response from anyone above is not received, please contact [email protected]

Complaint Resolution Process

In compliance with the language passed in the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state. Students must follow the steps above and if an issue cannot be resolved internally, students may file a complaint with your state.