How to Log-on to Online Classes
1. Log-in to Brightspace
- Go to our main school web site at www.coffeyville.edu
- Click on the “Brightspace” link on the homepage.
- Username = firstname.lastname, if you have special characters in your name please exclude them from your login (ex:Joe Red-Raven, would be joe.raven) Your username is the same for all logins on campus. Brightspace Username is the same as Red Connect Username.
- Password = If this is your first time logging in to Brightspace click on FORGOT PASSWORD. Check your CCC email for the reset link. Please be patient, it may take up to 15 minutes to receive the link.
- • If you experience issues with login please submit a Brightspace help ticket and we will work to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
2. All current classes that you are enrolled in will be displayed.
- Classes are not accessible until the first day of class.
- If you are missing a class, login to RedConnect and confirm that you are Registered for the Class. If you are not Registered, contact your Advisor.
- If you are missing classes that you are Registered for, please complete the Brightspace Help Ticket.
3. Select the course you wish to begin working on, navigate throughout the class, read the syllabus and view assignment schedules.
5. Attendance Policy - Online
Online courses at CCC are asynchronous, and students will have weekly requirements for participation. Logging into the online class does NOT quantify as attending the course. Attendance Activities may encompass the following: submitting an academic assignment, taking an exam, or participating in an online discussion. Attendance is established during the first week of an online course by completing the Attendance Activity. Additional coursework will be required during the first week that will impact the student’s grade. The first week of the online course begins at 8:00 am (CST) on the course start date through 11:55 pm (CST) on the 7th day. Students will be administratively withdrawn from the course for failure to meet the attendance requirement, and the institution's refund policy will be applied.