FINAL REPORT 4/10/2022
Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act 2021 (CRRSAA) - HEERF III Required Reporting
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) was signed in to law on March 11, 2021. The ARP provides for education stabilization through the emergency funding to institutions of higher education through Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF III). Institutions accepting ARP funding must commit to providing at least 50% of the funds in the form of financial aid grants to students, which can be used for any component of the student’s cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus. Coffeyville Community College’s minimum allocation to students is $2,252,543.
Reports are due quarterly and must be posted on the institution’s primary website no later than 10 calendar days after the calendar quarter on January 10, April 10, July 10, and Oct 10.
Once the funds are fully spent, the institution may indicate that this is the institution’s final quarterly posting and that the student portion of the funds have been expended. After posting, no more quarterly public reporting of the student portion of funds is required.
Required Reporting Information
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than the required amount of funds received to provide HEERF grants to students:
Coffeyville Community College signed and returned the Certification and Agreement form to the U.S. Department of Education on July 13, 2020. This signed agreement remains in effect for all additional HEERF fund allocations. CCC’s Acceptance of the HEERF allocations indicates CCC agrees to abide by all requirements of the funds and assures the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than the required amount of funds to provide HEERF grants to students.
- The total amount of HEERF II funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department:
- The total amount of HEERF II Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students:
|Quarterly Date of Report||Total Funds Disbursed||Percent of Funds Disbursed||Total Students Awarded|
Q2 2021: Due July 10th
|Q3 2021: Due October 10th||$1||0%||
|Q4 2022: Due January 10th||$2,247,571.00||99.8||1082|
|Q1 2022: Due April 10th||$2,252,543.00||100%||1082|
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students:
See Table Above
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive:
- Block Grants to students based on enrollment status
- All Pell Grants Students were considered first in an order to prioritize need
- Students enrolled in 6-11 were awarded $1170
- Students enrolled in 12 or more were awarded $2340
Students with exceptional need, were given the option to apply for additional spring funding.
- Pell Grant students with a zero EFC and unmet need of more than $4165
These students were requested to do an application so that the remaining funds could be split between students who identified additional need for funds.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Students receiving HEERF III distributions were notified by institutional email with
the following information:
Red Raven Students,
Coffeyville Community College (CCC) will receive funding for our students through the Coronavirus
Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA). This is also referenced as the
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, (HEERF). The CRRSSA funding is available to qualified students
who have experienced hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After reviewing the guidance from the
Department of Education on the eligibility and distribution requirements, CCC has established an
appropriate process for disbursing the funds to our students. Emergency grant amounts will vary by
student based upon the number of hours enrolled in during the Fall 2021 semester.
You have been awarded a CRRSAA payment from CCC to help cover costs that you’ve incurred due to
the COVID-19 pandemic. By accepting this payment, you acknowledge that you have expenses related to
COVID-19. Students receiving the funds in error will be required to repay the funds to CCC and/or the
The funds you are receiving can be used towards expenses you have incurred due to the coronavirus;
such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental), child care, college expenses or other
expenses. If you do not have expenses related to the coronavirus, you may return this check to
Coffeyville Community College, Attn. Business Office at 400 West 11 th St, Coffeyville, KS 67337. I also
want you to understand that even though you are receiving this payment, these funds have not been
applied to your student account, and you MAY still have a bill with CCC. Please call the Business Office
at 620-252-7007 if you have questions, or check your RedConnect account to view your current bill.
CCC is committed to helping you continue your academic journey. Feel free to contact the CCC Business
Office or Financial Aid Office for assistance to answer any questions related to the CRRSAA funding or
future enrollments. We wish you all the best and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.